#HikerChat Quick Tip – The Ultimate Salsa
It’s no secret that we love tacos and burritos. If you’ve ever joined in with our #HikerChat Twitter Chat every Friday, you likely know how much we enjoy talking about food. In a world of hiking and post-hiking refuel sessions of delicious Mexican food, it is important to make sure you have the Ultimate #HikerChat Salsa. To bring you just such a thing we have adapted a recipe from our Twitter Chat Co-Host this week, @go_hunt_game (click here to get the original recipe). Below is our adapted recipe that will get your chips jumping for joy to be dipped!
Yields a medium size bowl of the ultimate salsa.
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2-3 Jalapeños
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Garlic Gloves
- 1 Tbsp chicken bouillon
- 1 Tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tsp salt
- 4oz Tomato Sauce
- 2-3oz Water
- Finely chop tomatoes, jalapeños*, onion and garlic; add to a medium size saucepan
- Add water, tomato sauce, and dry ingredients to saucepan
- Heat saucepan, bringing to a light boil stirring occasionally
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes while continuing to stir occasionally
- Remove from heat, pour into serving bowl and allow to refrigerate for 30-45 minutes
This is our new favorite salsa, give it a shot, we think you’ll feel the same!
*Wash hands thoroughly after handling and chopping jalapeños, this will avoid painful experiences later.